HeatWatchNYC.org - Report Heat & hot Water Issues in New York City
Helping New Yorkers Stay Warm in Winter
How to Report Heat and Hot Water Issues
Please call 311 to file an official complaint with the city housing office before posting here.

  1. You must be a resident/tenant of a rental property in New York City (Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island) with a verifiable heat complaint. We highly recommend working with your landlord or property manager to resolve the issue quickly before reporting.

  2. Click on the report an issue link above the map shown below.

  3. Enter in your address, city & state

  4. You will be prompted to enter your name, email, a brief summary of the issue and a detailed description of the issue. Then verify your address.

  5. Upload an image of the building or rental property (optional) so others may easily identify the building at issue.

Get Started... Click on "report an issue"


If you are having or have had issues with a landlord regarding heat and hot water during the winter months, please report it here. Be fair and accurate with details. It is important to list the duration and nature of the outage and if you have reported it to the landlord or property management.

Home | About Us | Tenant Rights | Get Involved | Contact Us

© 2010 HeatWatchNYC.org, All Rights Reserved | Powered by SeeClickFix | Website Design by Cyber-NY Interactive